Thank you for using the Broadway Silver website. This site is owned and operated by Broadway & Co Limited, registered in England and Wales, Company Number 73818.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using the site.
- Use of this site constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, which take effect on the date you first use the site. By accessing, using and/or downloading materials from this site, you agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions detailed below.
- We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions and revise the content of the site at any time without notice. Any changes will be posted on our site and it is your responsibility to refer to and comply with these Terms and Conditions on accessing the site. Your continued use of the site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as modified.
Copyright and other Intellectual Property
- All materials, including images, illustrations, designs, photographs, written text and script are protected by copyright, as are the intellectual property rights owned controlled or licensed to us. Our catalogues, leaflets, advertisements, websites are protected by copyright. Our catalogues, leaflets, advertisements and website are intended for personal and non-commercial use unless specifically stated and authorised by us in writing.
- You may not reproduce (except with specific authorised permission as stated above), publish, distribute, display, alter, modify, create any products from, sell in whole or in part any of the contents of our catalogues, leaflets, advertisements, websites or related software.
- You may download or copy the contents and other downloadable materials displayed on the site for the sole purpose of placing an order with us or use the site as a shopping resource. No right, title or interest in any downloaded materials or software is transferred to you as a result of any such downloading or copying.
Our silver products are of the highest standard and all of our items are marked with a Sterling Guarantee Hallmark. This is a widely recognised mark and indicates that the silver has met a certain standard of purity and quality. Any silver without a suitable Sterling Guarantee hallmark should be treated as white metal.
The Contract Between Us
- We must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be accepted. Once payment has been received by us we will confirm that your order has been accepted by sending an email to you at the email address you provide in your order form. Please keep this receipt for your records. Our acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us.
- We reserve the right to cancel the contract between us if:
- we have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered; or
- one or more of the goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error.
- If we do cancel your contract we will notify you by e-mail and will re-credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your credit card as soon as possible. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
- We reserve the right to refuse to supply to any person for whatever reason.
- We accept payment by VISA, MasterCard, Maestro and Solo. Orders are securely processed through Barclays Merchant Services internet credit card verification and clearing process. We will also accept cheque payment. Though it should be noted that dispatch will be delayed whilst the cheque is awaiting clearance. You can see that you are in a secure environment through the ‘padlock’ symbol on Microsoft Internet Explorer or ‘key’ symbol on Netscape Navigator. This secure system works with Microsoft Internet Explorer and Netscape Browsers. We feel it’s important to have the best level of security available, so anyone using browsers lower than version 5 should contact us by phone to place an order. The very best security is available with the current browser versions and we would urge our customers to download the very latest edition of their favourite browser.
- Please do not try to send orders via email, as we cannot guarantee any secure transmission of details. If you are still worried about security over the Internet, then please contact us by telephone on +44 (0) 121 360 0606.
- Cost of delivery will vary according to the size of the package and delivery rates can be found on the main website.
- We will deliver the goods ordered by you to the address you give us for delivery at the time you make your order.
- We aim to deliver items of stock within 3 working days of receipt of your order.
- We cannot guarantee that the sale and delivery of its goods to your particular country or location is permissible, so please be aware of your own geographic import restrictions.
- This site and its contents will not constitute the basis for any contractual commitment between us and any prospective customer in any jurisdiction in which the solicitation of interest or the offering of or sale of products by us would contravene any applicable local, regional or national legislation. No prospective customer should seek to make any order through the site from jurisdictions in which it would be illegal for us to sell products.
Broadway Silver’s liability
- If the goods we deliver are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us at our contact address of the problem within 7 working days of the delivery of the goods in question and return the goods to us, unused and in their original packaging within a further 3 working days by recorded delivery.
- If you notify a problem to us under the above condition then we will happily re-credit any postage paid by you back onto your account and our only other obligation will be, at your option:
- to make good any shortage;
- to replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective; or
- to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question in whatever way we choose.
- Save as precluded by law, we will not be liable to you for any business loss (including loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill or wasted expenditure) or any other indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses howsoever arising out of any problem you notify to us under this condition and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question under clause 10.2 above.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded.
Returning a product
- You may cancel your contract with us for the goods you order at any time up to the end of the seventh working day from the date you receive the ordered goods.
- Once you have notified us on +44 (0) 121 360 0606 that you are cancelling your contract, any sum debited to us from your credit card will be re-credited to your account PROVIDED THAT the goods in question are returned by recorded delivery at your own cost, received by us in the condition they were in when delivered to you and are accompanied by the invoice and all details of the original order are received with it. If you do not return the goods we shall not be obliged to re-credit the purchase price for the goods to you.
Engraved goods may not be returned or rectified unless there has been a clear error made on our part.
- Your privacy as an individual and as a customer is important to us, so we don’t use the information you provide on this site to learn any more about you other than what is required to complete your orders.
- We do not combine your individual information with any kind of site analysis, but we do look at the overall browsing behaviour of our customers so as to improve the way the site operates. We do not track your behaviour on any other sites or follow you once you’ve left the “broadwaysilver.uk.com” website.
- Any personal data gathered by us when you are using our site will be recorded electronically and only used in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
- Broadway Silver believes that the responsible use of personal information collected on its web sites is critical to its business objectives and reputation. As part of our commitment to privacy, we have adopted this Online Privacy Statement.
- The extent and type of information we receive from you on our external websites depends on what you do when visiting our sites. If you visit our site to read or download information, such as news stories or articles, much of the information we collect — such as the domain from which you access the Internet, the date and time you access our site, and the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our site –is statistical only and not personally identifiable. We use information about the number of visitors and their use of the site in aggregate form to make our site more useful and attractive to you.
- We use personally identifiable information to respond to your requests and to provide you with information about Broadway Silver’s services. For example, if you send us an e-mail message requesting information about Broadway Silver, we will use your e-mail address and other information you supply to respond to your request. If we intend to use your personal information to tell you about other Broadway Silver services, we will tell you so and give you an opportunity to decline to receive such communications. If you send us a resume or CV to apply online for a position with Broadway Silver, we will use the information provided to match you with available opportunities. We do not share personal information with third parties except as necessary to carry out our business or as required by law or other legal processes, and we never sell your personal information.
- Broadway Silver has technological and operational security policies and procedures in place to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration or unintentional destruction. Our personnel who have access to the data have been trained to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
We will use your email address as a convenient way to contact you about your order. From time to time, we may update you on our relevant offers or new products, but only with your permission. We will not pass your details on to any other relevant third parties that we think you may be interested in if you have requested us not to do this.
Unless otherwise expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions, all notices from you to us must be in writing and sent to our contact address, and all notices from us to you will be displayed on our website from to time.
Events beyond our control
We shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
Third party rights
Except for our affiliates, directors, employees or representatives, a person who is not a party to this agreement has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement but this does not affect any statutory right or remedy of a third party.
Your use of this site and any contract between you and us for the sale of products shall be governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable for these Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions.
If you need assistance for any reason, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Customer care representatives are also available 9.30am to 5.00pm (GMT / BST) Monday, Tuesday and Thursday to Saturday on +44 (0) 121 360 0606.
At some places in the site, “cookies” are used to enhance your online experience. Most browsers now recognize when a “cookie” is offered, and permit you to refuse or accept it. If you are not sure whether your browser has this capability, you should check with the software manufacturer or your Internet service provider. We do not use “cookies” to track the navigational habits of identified visitors.
Broadway Silver understands the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. Our sites are not intentionally designed for or directed at children 13 years of age or younger. It is our policy never to knowingly collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 13.